Because of our certifications, we not only promise that we steward your old, unwanted electronics with the highest commitment to the environment and human health. We prove it.
Waste Commission of Scott County’s Electronic Demanufacturing Facility is certified to the R2 (Responsible Recycling) standard, as well as ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. This trio of certifications ensures our customers that we follow recognized international standards for environmental stewardship, health and safety, and data security. Our adherence to these strict requirements is ensured through annual third-party audits.About R2
Our Electronic Demanufacturing Facility was the first public agency in the world and the first agency of any kind in the state of Iowa to receive R2 (Responsible Recycling) certification. R2 provides us with a set of rules to follow and
measuring stick that ensures our commitment. Our Electronic Demanufacturing Facility:
- Follows the waste hierarchy, placing greater emphasis on electronics reuse than commodity recycling because of the environmental benefits.
- Safely and securely manages data-containing items until all data is destroyed.
- Tracks all potentially hazardous materials—as well as items that contain potentially hazardous materials—all the way to final disposition.
- Adheres to the highest industry standards and best practices.
- Is an industry leader in operations, safety, and environmental performance.
- Cares about the environment in the U.S. and around the world.
To learn more about R2 (Responsible Recycling), visit the SERI Website
.About ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
The Electronic Demanufacturing Facility also is certified to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, industry standards for environmental performance and health & safety.
To learn more about ISO 14001, visit the International Organization for Standardization’s Website
For more about OHSAS 18001, visit the British Standards Institution’s Website